CONTEMPORARY GROUP THERAPY IN A (HOPEFULLY) POST PANDEMIC WORLD
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association, Pennsylvania Chapter (APNA-PA) and the Philadelphia Area Group Psychotherapy Society (PAGPS) invite the group psychotherapy community for a joint conference scheduled for April 30, 2022 - May 1, 2022 at Widener University.
Time & Location
Apr 30, 2022, 8:00 AM EDT – May 01, 2022, 4:30 PM EDT
Widener University, One University Pl, Chester, PA 19013
We are pleased to announce our keynote speakers for the conference:
Fabiola Desmont, LMSW and Donna Harris, MA, MSW, LCSW
On Saturday, participants will choose a full day experiential process training. The leader will lead the group as if it was a psychotherapy group and will take breaks from the group process to discuss with the participants the skills they are using and how they might use them in a psychotherapy group.
On Sunday of the conference, there will be 90-minute psychoeducational trainings that will be led in a traditional classroom/teacher format and will contain at least some group process. Plenary speakers will open and close the day.
● Develop practitioners’ skills in leading process groups
● Examine the use of groups for healing trauma
● Identify the needs of traumatized professional caregivers and how group process may promote healing
● Examine the use of groups for addressing issues of unconscious bias and racial justice
● Identify methods for reawakening the human-to-human kindness connection
● Use experiential modalities to enhance understanding of group process in outpatient and inpatient groups
● Address virtual interventions & applications in group work – examine what people want